Founding Fathers Forum: more thoughts on the club
Founding Fathers Home Page > Forum > Main01 Room > more thoughts on the club
~
* founding fathers books founding fathers clip art and image gallery founding fathers gift ideas and collectibles founding fathers history founding fathers discussion forum founding fathers links buyers guide
~

Founding Fathers Forum: more thoughts on the club

Posted by: diana (dianalaw1@ThisIsToPreventSpam-824-RemoveThis.aol.com) on 31 Dec 2002 at 2:02:28 PM
In-Reply-To: starting a history book club posted by Diana on 1:00:01 PM 11 Dec 2002

:i actually thought we could meet the same way actual book clubs do - for example, i am currently in a book club that meets in a cafe in soho each month - with our "history club" we would be doing the same thing except reading historically themed books (for example i just received the John Adams biography for xmas) and then we could discuss the historical figure, how accurate the book was, things we learned, things we disagreed with, etc. and the books don't necessarily have to be about a figure in history - we could read about events, wars, philosophical movements, etc. - we don't even have to stick to strictly American history (i actually focused on European in college) - the group can always discuss and decide each month what they would like to do - and now i am really going to sound like a geek, but whatever, we could even watch movies, etc. - there i have embarassed myself enough - i yield the floor for anyone who would like to jest - DIANA

Click here to return to the Main01 forum room home page.

Current replies to this message:

To reply privately:
If the person posting this message left their e-mail address, we inserted some random characters to prevent spammers from harvesting their address. Spammers do this with automated "bots" that constantly search the Web looking for e-mail addresses. Since you're a human being, not a bot, you can easily obtain the real address by removing the text that says "ThisisToPreventSpam-XYZ-RemoveThis." including the random number XYZ and the period at the end. For example, <whitten@ThisIsToPreventSpam-123-RemoveThis.despammed.com> would become <chris-(@)-interesting.com>.

To reply to the group:
The forum software that created this message has been replaced with new and improved forum software. Click here to go to the new discussion forums:

~
* founding fathers books founding fathers clip art and image gallery founding fathers gift ideas and collectibles founding fathers history founding fathers discussion forum founding fathers links buyers guide gift ideas and collectibles
~
© 2001-2010 Interesting.com