Founding Fathers Forum: Your thoughts on the American flag
FoundingFathers.info > Forum > Main01 Room > Your thoughts on the American flag
~
* founding fathers books founding fathers clip art and image gallery founding fathers gift ideas and collectibles founding fathers history founding fathers discussion forum founding fathers links buyers guide
~

Founding Fathers Forum: Your thoughts on the American flag

Posted by: Peter Schneider (oldglorybook@ThisIsToPreventSpam-65-RemoveThis.aol.com) on 10 Sep 2002 at 2:24:51 PM

(Please note that this email is NOT a sales message)
We Want to Hear Your Thoughts on the American Flag for an Upcoming Book!

In May 2003, William Morrow (a division of HarperCollins) will publish STARS & STRIPES FOREVER: The History, Stories, and Memories of the American Flag. This book is being written by my father, Richard H. Schneider. It will feature interesting history and facts written in a popular style along with a series of recollections by various people--some celebrities, some not--regarding the role that our flag has played in their lives and the lives of loved ones.

In May of this year, Morrow published my father's first book, TAPS: Notes from a Nation's Heart. Intertwined throughout this book were a number of powerful and poignant stories of people whose lives had been touched by the song "Taps." Many of these memories came from people who had seen my notice on the Internet and sent in their thoughts. We featured their names along with their words in sidebars throughout the book.

Once again I am soliciting your thoughts and words--this time on what the American flag means to you. Your piece can be a recollection of a particular moment in your life or the life of a relative or friend, or it can deal with the emotional impact that the flag has had on you or our country. We will review all submissions in consideration for inclusion in the book. These thoughts can be anything you like--please note that your passage does not have to be long to be powerful--most pieces for TAPS were between 100 and 500 words.

If you'd like to contribute a passage or memory, please e-mail me at the following email address: oldglorybook@aol.com.

If we decide to use your words in the book, we'll be sure to contact you and get your formal permission.

Our deadline for receiving your passage is September 30th, 2002.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

Sincerely,

Peter Schneider
491 Illington Road
Ossining, NY 10562
Email: oldglorybook@aol.com

Click here to return to the Main01 forum room home page.

Current replies to this message:

To add your reply to this message:
The forum software that created this message has been replaced with new and improved forum software. Click here to go to the new discussion forums:

~
* founding fathers books founding fathers clip art and image gallery founding fathers gift ideas and collectibles founding fathers history founding fathers discussion forum founding fathers links buyers guide gift ideas and collectibles
~
© 2001-2010 Interesting.com