Founding Fathers Forum: French Exploration
FoundingFathers.info > Forum > Main01 Room > French Exploration
~
* founding fathers books founding fathers clip art and image gallery founding fathers gift ideas and collectibles founding fathers history founding fathers discussion forum founding fathers links buyers guide
~

Founding Fathers Forum: French Exploration

Posted by: StingRae (batgrl13@ThisIsToPreventSpam-985-RemoveThis.optinline.net) on 26 Aug 2002 at 12:59:31 PM

I'm aware, through this site, that the French explorers were very intent on claiming land and converting the Indians to Christianity. The Same as the Spanish and English explorers. Though, unlike those two nations, it says nothing of the French enslaving and practiclly killing all of the natives of the area of their conquest. I was wondering if La Salle and Champlain actually did murder many Indian peoples, or were the French solely interested in only converting and claiming. Anyone with any information please email me or post, thanks a lot, my essay needs this input. :)

Click here to return to the Main01 forum room home page.

Current replies to this message:

To add your reply to this message:
The forum software that created this message has been replaced with new and improved forum software. Click here to go to the new discussion forums:

~
* founding fathers books founding fathers clip art and image gallery founding fathers gift ideas and collectibles founding fathers history founding fathers discussion forum founding fathers links buyers guide gift ideas and collectibles
~
© 2001-2010 Interesting.com