Founding Fathers Forum: a few points
Founding Fathers Home Page > Forum > Main01 Room > a few points
~
* founding fathers books founding fathers clip art and image gallery founding fathers gift ideas and collectibles founding fathers history founding fathers discussion forum founding fathers links buyers guide
~

Founding Fathers Forum: a few points

Posted by: anonymous () on 25 Feb 2003 at 5:19:23 PM
In-Reply-To: The USA rule this damn planet??? posted by Ben on 7:57:55 AM 21 Jan 2003

I judge the performance of a president by how mad the Europeans are:) GWB is the best president in recent history. He was elected fairly according to our Constitution. The Supreme Court blocked an attempt by the lower Florida Court to change the laws of Florida (a little unconstitutional) in order for Gore to illegaly steal the election.

The popular vote is a very inaccurate way to measure an election in our country. If the Electoral College were not used, the votes would turn out very differently. I personally know of many people who didn't vote only because they knew GWB would win Texas in a landslide, and so their vote wouldn't matter.

The Europeans think we're self-absorbed because our culture is much more individualistic than theirs. WE'RE not a bunch of sheep. Americans are supposed to be so impressed and versed in other cultures - yet I never hear anything from a European that shows that they aren't thoroughly ignorant (and dismissive) of OUR culture. Please forgive us silly idiots here across the lake for not being in awe of your obvious intellectual and cultural superiority:) What a joke.

And, by the way, when I hear people go on about the 'genocide of the indians', I hear someone who is foolish enough to believe the indians didn't senslessly slaughter and steal from innocent settlers (and each other), ignore treaties, hold white and indian slaves, and occupy land only because they were the last tribe to slaughter the tribe that previously inhabited that area.

Environmental anarchy??? Since when? The US environment has really improved over the last 30 years or so. And CO2 emissions haven't been shown to correlate with global temperatures with anything near the close correlation of global temps with solar cycles.

Ahhhhh, I feel better getting all of that off my chest. I get so wound up when reading ridiculous crap...

Click here to return to the Main01 forum room home page.

Current replies to this message:

To reply privately:
If the person posting this message left their e-mail address, we inserted some random characters to prevent spammers from harvesting their address. Spammers do this with automated "bots" that constantly search the Web looking for e-mail addresses. Since you're a human being, not a bot, you can easily obtain the real address by removing the text that says "ThisisToPreventSpam-XYZ-RemoveThis." including the random number XYZ and the period at the end. For example, <whitten@ThisIsToPreventSpam-123-RemoveThis.despammed.com> would become <chris-(@)-interesting.com>.

To reply to the group:
The forum software that created this message has been replaced with new and improved forum software. Click here to go to the new discussion forums:

~
* founding fathers books founding fathers clip art and image gallery founding fathers gift ideas and collectibles founding fathers history founding fathers discussion forum founding fathers links buyers guide gift ideas and collectibles
~
© 2001-2010 Interesting.com